Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Does a $399 Price Point Make the iPad a Better Choice for Schools?

The new iPad was unveiled to the world today. From what I've read the big improvement to it lies in the screen resolution. The big news for cheapskates like me is that the iPad 2 dropped $100 in price to $399. I've long said that I prefer to see schools invest in building a 1:1 program with netbooks or laptops before putting their money into iPads. But now that the iPad 2 can be had at a price that is very comparable to netbooks and Chromebooks, I wonder how many more schools will give more thought to going the iPad route instead of the netbook or Chromebook route. Even at the new price point, for now I still prefer to see schools use iPads as secondary devices instead of primary devices. Read more of my thoughts and about this choice in I Don't Hate iPads, But...

No comments:

Post a Comment