Thursday, March 8, 2012

StudyBlue Launches a New Way to Find Self-Study Material

StudyBlue is an online and mobile flashcard service that I've covered in the past. Today, they launched a new way for students to discover and create flashcard materials. Now when students create flashcards in StudyBlue they can also see 30 related flashcards from the community. For example, if I were to create a flashcard about photosynthesis, I would see 30 other flashcards on photosynthesis. I could then review my flashcard about photosynthesis as well as the 30 related flashcards on the topic. I could also add all or some of those community flashcards to my flashcard sets to review. The video below demonstrates this new feature in 27 seconds.


Applications for Education
Yesterday, in my post about Class Connect I wrote about how teachers can benefit from sharing resources with each other. The same can be said for students who share study materials on StudyBlue. Viewing the flashcards that other students have made about the same topic could provide students with a new way to think about and remember the topic they're studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment