Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Google Puts a Search App in the Windows Phone Marketplace

While Android and Apple devices dominate the smartphone market, there are other smartphones that our students are carrying. The last time I stopped into my local US Cellular store I noticed a few Windows phones available at very reasonable prices. I'm sure that students in my district are carrying those phones. (US Cellular is by far the most popular carrier in my area). So that's why I was happy to learn today from a CNET article that Google now has a search app in the Windows Phone Marketplace.

I don't own a Windows phone myself but, it seems that the Google search app in the Windows Phone Marketplace could be a good alternative to the Bing search and or trying to search through the browser on a Windows phone. If you have a Windows phone and you're tried the Google search app, please leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment